Tuesday, December 22, 2009

When The Fog Sets In

The presents were wrapped, and mailed to Ernie's parents home.  The luggage was packed. (Even with the remaining straggeling gifts) All last minute Christmas errands run. The house was actually totally clean, even clean sheets! The boys were thrilled that they were FINALLY going to get to fly somewhere.  (Caleb really dosen't believe us that he has flown before because he can't remember it.)
However, as if to say 'this is what you get for being organized and prepared for once', fog set in in Boise.  Yes, all plans drastically came to a hault, may I add here AFTER we had already drove the 2 1/2 hrs to Vegas for our flight, when the airline called and told us the flight was cancelled. (-Yes, we were refunded the tickets!-) Panic set in.  How were we going to get to Boise?  I was sure that Christmas was going to be ruined and we were never going to get there. And I had everything scheduled and oraganized, and completely prepared! That's what I get for scheduling, and don't worry folks, I learned my lesson. :) 

Well, what do ya know we made it here, and with great roads. The drive wasn't even too bad.  (Although, I think that if I ever hear the Chimpunk Christmas CD again, I might loose it.) We have had blast seeing family and good friends.  And it snowed today, so the kids were thrilled!!
Some of my absolute favorite memories are from being at my Grandma's house for Christmas. (Yes, the one who makes the best breakfast if you remember from my previous post)  I am so excited for my boys to get to make those kind of memories.  It is a lot of work to pack up Christmas, but I am so thrilled we get to do it. And one more day until Christmas Eve!  I absolutely LOVE this time of year!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you made it and are having fun! Yes, the unexpected happens so much of the time. We will miss you this holiday. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have the "I MUST be in control" issues travelling totally stresses me out. Especially when nutty stuff like that happens!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy are we glad you made the trip. What a wonderful Christmas it was...for many reasons. Tell the boys "Hi" from Grandpa Ernie.

    ReplyDelete