Monday, April 4, 2011

Just Another Birthday

So, this year I got an amazing birthday gift.  Drum roll please........Strep throat! I had never had it before, and it was the best birthday surprise a girl could ask for. Despite the misery, how could one not still have a great day when they wake up to this:



And it was all on their own.  (I know, because the husband was sleeping next to me :)  They also made me this card:



They are such sweet kids. I am pretty blessed.  Luckily the weekend before, my sweet husband had planned a little night away at the Mandalay Bay.  (And the next day, I got a late check out, and after basketball stuff, I brought the boys back to swim.)  
I started my morning off thinking, "well, it's just another birthday".  But it most definitely is not just another birthday when you have so many people that love you, even when you have strep throat.  I feel pretty spoiled.

2 comments:

  1. I love the card! "I love you more than a fat kid loves cake" Classic! Glad you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Sweet boys are the best!

    ReplyDelete