Sunday, March 11, 2012

Express Christmas


This year we went to Boise for Christmas.  (Which I will get to soon, it's only March now....) We were all talking one night, and  realized that everyone else was going to be gone for Christmas as well (either with their respective in-laws, or in my parents and 2 sisters case, on a cruise; yes a Christmas cruise). 
Thanks to the inspiration of Modern Family, we decided to have an express Christmas before everyone left.  
You can imagine there was not a lot of complaining form the kiddos :).  How many kids get to open presents early?  







My dad's pride and joy is his Christmas tree.  He loves it.  Every year he can not wait to get it put up.  I think the perfect touch would be a platform that it rotated on and maybe some music that cues as well? 





 Oh, Ernie.  I had to get a few pictures of him reading.  He makes me laugh.  The rest of us were all talking and laughing, and somehow he managed to tune out the world to read the book he got.  I suppose there could be a worse problem. 
That night on the way home, my boys commented on how lucky they were to be part of such a fun family.  
I have to completely agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment