Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Simple Note


My kids love "Truck Grandpa". He passed away in the middle of the night last night.   Ernie brought me a note this morning that he had torn out of his journal, and I decided that I would post what he wrote:
"Truck Grandpa died last night. I miss him. He was a great Grandpa. He played checkers with me, took us to pizza hut, he played cars, he gave me money.I really miss him and love him.
Love, Ernie. 
PS.  Did I mention that I miss him?
But he is in heaven. We will see him there."

I have a million things I can add to his little note, but I will save that for a different time.  But I will miss him too Ernie.

2 comments:

  1. There is absolutely NOTHING sweeter than the testimony of a child. You are RIGHT, Ernie! You will see him again!

    ReplyDelete