Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Little Beach Time

Today I had a lot to do.  Laundry, dishes, bathrooms.......you know, the usual.  Instead of doing anything remotely productive, I decided to skip out on all chores and take Caleb to the lake.  (I wish I had brought my camera!)
 I am so grateful that I did!  I love that I have been able to do things like that with my kids, and reality is quickly setting in that there is a very small widow of time in which you are able to spend time like that with your kids before they start growing up and going to school.  We built sandcastles and splashed each other.  We looked for seashells.  And I was lucky enough to be able watch as Caleb "skipped" rocks.  (And I am glad I asked what he specifically was doing because, silly me, I thought he was just throwing rocks into the water :)
I love moments that you are able to take a step back and say, "I love being a mom".  And more than that, I love that I am able to be at home with them, and take days off from doing chores and spend a few hours at the beach.

3 comments:

  1. You said it Melissa.. What a joy it is to stay home. I will never regret the years at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It's so true and there really isn't anyway to replace what we miss so we may as well fill up our time with things that will be meaningful and loved by our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what it is all about. Too often life gets in the way of living.

    ReplyDelete