Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summertime......Here We Come!

The past few days have been a whirlwind of end of the year activities. Here are some of what we have been up to with Ernie's end of 1st grade events.

Ernie's teacher this year was Mrs. Helman.  Ernie absolutely loved her! She taught him a lot, and really helped give him a love for reading. He will really miss her.
She had all of the parents come and watch a first grade finale.  It was so much fun! The kids all sang songs, and recited poems.   I was video taping the program, so I didn't get a ton of actual pictures.



(Caleb actually took this one while I was taping Ernie's singing! I didn't even know that he had taken it!)


The infamous Mrs. Helman.

The next day, Caleb and I got to help out at their water day. What a blast!
(Caleb is the one climbing the stairs in the orange and brown.)


I was SO glad that I got to help out. 

Today we had Ernie's final awards assembly for the year. Ernie is a super star! He got a ton of awards! And he was on the Principals Honor Roll for all 4 quarters of the year. 
 I was video taping it, and since Caleb did such a great job at the finale, I asked him to take some pictures.



He might have had a little too much fun experimenting. Oh well, at least he was entertained!


I absolutely loved that I was able to help out this year in his class and get to know the kids.  It has been so much fun to run into them outside of school and have them yell my name excitedly, or have them run up and hug me! Who knew, people like me. (Well, at least 6 and 7yr olds are fans)

Here is Ernie with one of his best friends, Dewy. And somehow Caleb managed to get into every picture! Ah, brotherly love.




After school, we celebrated the beginning of summer at Red Robin for lunch.

As we were leaving we ran into our friends the Vetters, and we stopped and said hi.

(Totally love these kids- oh, and mine too :)


Well, it is completely official.  One first grade finale, water day, preschool graduation, and final awards assembly later and summer has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment