Tuesday, October 6, 2009

IT'S FINALLY FALL





We were finally able to make it official, fall can finally come.  We went to the pumpkin patch.  Now, going to the pumpkin patch has been a tradition now for a long time.  This year you will notice it was a little different than past years.  We were in shorts and flip flops!!!




                               



                                The boys loved it! We were able to go with my cousin (yes a fourth cousin still qualifies as a cousin :) and her family.


       




Devon wouldn't ever hold still, but it was fun to get at least Ernie, Caleb and Carter in the picture!









  Ernie wanted to get an action shot!
We were actually having quite the cold front over the weekend.  So it was only in the low 80's! 












The place we went was a farm that also had an apple orchard.  The boys got really excited when they saw apple trees and really wanted to pick some.





Sadly, we were missing the biggest member of our family. (He went back to NH for the weekend)
So I decided when we are in Vegas again next weekend for our temple trip, I am going to drag Ernie back   so we can get our annual family picture at the pumpkin patch.

Although, we did take this picture and text it to him.  This is us missing him as we waited in a very long line to purchase our pumpkins and apples.  Oh, and we got yummy fresh apple juice!


It has been hard to get in to the fall mood, which is my FAVORITE time of year!   The lack of the crisp cool fall air that usually whispers with its breeze for the fall decorations to be hauled from storage, the 100 degree weather, this all kind of hinders the call of autumn. But this definitely helped me get in the mood! Yes, I even got corn stalks (but no hay barrel this year).

And to top it all off, this morning was a nice and wonderful 65 degrees, and I felt that at least for a an hour or so I was a little at home.

And now I say come fall, I am ready for you!  (Even though I do not get a fun seasonal wardrobe change)






2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love fall too. I'm glad you were sure to get some cornstalks there too-that's probably the most important part, huh? :) Your boys are just so cute. I love their hair. My mom loved getting to see you at Natalie's wedding too. I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is in New Hampshire?? have we had this conversation, I grew up in Vermont!!

    ReplyDelete