Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Adventure Hero Phase of Life

I'll be honest, I was a little sad as I was preparing for this Halloween.  (But keep reading, it gets better) As I was searching for costumes for 'older' children, I remembered how much fun it was to dress my little boys up.  We have had a lion, monkey, and buzz to die for (just to mention a few).  I thought that my days of cutesy costumes were gone because let's face it, Ernie just cannot be squeezed into a 4T.




But, as soon as their costumes arrived (you will be shocked, Indiana Jones was one of them) I was SOOOOO excited to see them get all dressed up!  And even if they no longer like to be animals or characters from animated movies, they're still pretty darn cute!

















My Indiana Jones




















My Harry Potter
 












 And I loved that this year was completely their thing. They picked their costumes, which built the anticipation up for them. They were So much fun!  And they really got into their characters.









How lucky am I? I really feel blessed to have such wonderful boys. They are so much fun. 
If you hadn't noticed by previous posts, I am a little sentimental. I sometimes think it will never get better than the moments I've had with them, and so I dread that different phases pass of their childhood.  I often dread that things are changing, that my youngest is nearly five. And having them grow up has been hard to watch. However, then the next phase hits and I realize that all of it is wonderful.  Every moment.
They develop personality; a sense of humor that out wits their dad, charm that would woo anyone, gratitude. They start to develop their own testimony of who they are and why they're here. They give you a hug and thank you for everything that you do for them as a mom.
I then wake up and notice the moment. And then I realize that I am proud and I am grateful.  Extremely grateful, for every fleeting moment.

2 comments:

  1. They are soooo cute! I miss seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun. One year when Kelly was 10, he wanted to be a badger....

    ReplyDelete