Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Festive Pondering


One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Chritsmas! But Thanksgiving provides an opportunity to ponder the things with which we are blessed.

Well, as Thanksgiving has now snuck up out of nowhere,  I decided to post a few of the things I am most grateful for.  I have found (as many of you I'm sure have) when I focus on all the the things I am blessed with it tends to make all of the problems I may have day to day rather insignificant.
(And these are not in any significant order!)

1- Faith
2- My family
3- power liftgate and doors on my car
4- a great marriage
5- pedicures
6- uplifting friends
7- chocolate covered cinnamon bears
8- snuggeling with my little boys
9- air conditioning
10- an amazing bed- like smile every time I get into it at night amazing
11- shoes- wait, let me make that CUTE shoes
12- modern every day conveniences (flushing toilet, washing machine, crock pot, you get the idea)
13- Scriptures
14- Parents (both my immediate and my in-laws) because, well hello they obviously raised great kids!
15- cafe rio/ costa vida salads
16- music
17- laughter
18- tevo
19-weekend trips to cabins- no boys allowed
20- cell phones
21- education
22- employment
23- pictures (so my memory dosen't fade quite so quickly)
24- Being able to saty at home with my quickly growing boys
25- massage- make that a great massage therapist

Oh, and my kids are some of the most blessed kids in the entire world.  Very few children have as many devoted grandparents and relitives as they do.

Luckily I could easily add to this list.

And luckily for all of you reading, I'll not add to the list :)  But this has given me an opportunity to start really recognizing every little blessing in my life. For instance, the blessing of my adorable children fast asleep in their beds long before 8.  I really am blessed!!!

1 comment:

  1. OK Melissa,
    For the first 8 years of my life, I grew up in Viet Nam.. so a flushing toilet and toilet paper would rank a lot higher on my list :)

    ReplyDelete