Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Father's Day Campout

Father's Day this year was great! We had my parents and two sisters over, and Enrie's brother and his family as well.  (I wish I was better at taking pictures.)
We had steak and homemade ice cream- Yum! 
We got my dad a fire pit.  Apparently that got Caleb into a camping mode. All of a sudden he had set up "camp" in the living room. It was pretty funny.  Here is the part I wish I had gotten a picture of.......My dad all of a sudden grabbed Caleb's sleeping bag and yelled, "oh no, there's an earthquake" and proceeded to run through the house pulling Caleb in the sleeping bag behind him.  As you can imagine, Caleb thought it was awsome.  He asked one of my sisters if she wated to lay in the sleeping bag next to him. After she said yes, he informed her of the stipulation: she had to pull him around in the sleeping bag yelling "earthuake"!

Anyway, they ended up sleeping there that night.  Seeing that it is tile, my husband did not last long.  But we went down a little after the boys had gone to sleep and they were still there looking as comfortable as ever. 
(Yes, the end of the story is that all four of us were in our bed when we woke up in the morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment