Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Uprooting

Most of you know about our move to Vegas.  If not, here is the update.  Ernie got a promotion with his job which moves us to Vegas.  That is where I grew up and so it is going to be fun to go back. (Although, it is a COMPLETELY different city than I grew up in! Holy cow, I didn't even know most of the areas we looked for houses in even existed!) 
It will be a GREAT thing for Ernie and it will be a good experience for all of us I am sure.  

It is always hard to meet amazing and wonderful people just to have to move away from them. In an effort to make it easier for our kids, we didn't have any elaborate goodbyes and tried to keep all of the saying goodbye stuff pretty low key.  Here are the few pictures I took. I really didn't take very many, so don't get offended you aren't on here! I wish I had taken a few more, but the few times I did take them, the kids got kind of sad. 

Here are the boys with the nieghbor boys Chad and Chase.  Ernie especially had a hard time saying goodbye. (It broke my heart that he cried as we pulled away from our house after saying goodbye to them, and I was grateful then that I didn't do this with any of their other friends.)

We became friends with one couple, the Childs that we grew to love.  We stopped by and took a picture with Laddy their dog as well.  He was gone on buisness (yes, he's in his 80's and still works part time! He is amazing!)


(And I am very selfless, I know.  I will even post this picture, despite my make-up less face and my not great outfit! :)
We grew to really love the people we met in Lake Havasu.  We met some of the best people! I love how relaxed most of the town in general is. It is just a very eclectic town and I am very grateful for the past year we have had there.  We are definitely better people for having moved there. Is is funny how at home I felt after such a short amount of time.  And I feel like the people I met are people I have known for years.  School, church, and sports teams were so amazing there and we made, I hope, life long friendships. 
Isn't it amazing where life brings us?  Who knew that it would take us to Lake Havasu City, AZ.  But I am beyond grateful and it has been a fabulous year of our lives. Wow, I still can't believe it has only been a year.  Exactly a year actually. SO thank you thank you thank you all of the people that became part of our lives.  And if you are EVER in Vegas you HAVE to call us! We would love to see any of you, even if it's just for a minute at a park or something.  

Change is hard.  However, it is also one of the things in life that can challenge us to become better people. And heaven only knows that I need as much opportunity as possible to become a better person! As hard as it is to uproot everything you are familiar with and start again, I am exited for the experience.  How could I not be after I saw what amazing things were available to us by uprooting to Havasu?  So bring it on. 


2 comments:

  1. I know it's always so bittersweet!! You know the new adventure is going to be awesome but your gonna miss the old adventures. Best of Luck! We will totally call you if we are ever in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete