Saturday, May 21, 2011

Once upon a time, Little E went to Boston

For Ernie's birthday last August, my mom gave him a trip to Boston.  (I know, awesome gift!) He had been excited for 8 months.  And that gave him ample time to read up on the Revolutionary War, our Founding Fathers, ect.  He really enjoyed learning about Sam Adams in particular.  Not sure why.
Over his spring break (the week before Easter) he headed off.
 Here is Ernie looking very grown up.  Ready to fly across the country.  Not what most 8 years old kids get to experience.....

 My mom and Sophie were his traveling companions. 

They did so much.  They had such a good time.  This post won't be complete, because I don't have a ton of pictures.  But a few of his favorites parts were:
- Playing games with his Uncle Justin
- Getting around on public transportation (particularly the subway)
- the Museum of Science
- Six Flags
-The Pirates Museum 
-The Freedom Trail

Those are just a few of the things they did. My mom is great at planning trips, and they were able to see a ton and had a wonderful time.

Here is Ernie making cookies with Co.

Here is Ernie making pizza dough with Co.

 Ernie won this monkey at Six Flags.  Meet Monkey.  (My boys have always been so creative with names.)
The day he won it, we received a call from a strange voice that said, "this is Monkey.  Can I talk to Caleb?" And for about 10 minutes we heard uncontrollable laughter from Caleb.   We received many more phone calls similar to that, and every once in a while we were even lucky enough to talk to Monkey. I hope I can remember Monkeys voice for a long time, because it was pretty amusing. 

What an amazingly blessed kid.  He learned so much, and had a great time. 
One of the hardest parts for me is that he is old enough to go on a trip like that all the way across the country without me.  But I am so genuinely grateful that he was able to have an experience like that. 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is when I asked Little E about the trip he described every ride he went on at six flags, every single ride

    ReplyDelete