Friday, September 14, 2012

Renaissance Groupies


Last fall (yes, like a year ago!) I found a deal on some tickets for a Renaissance fair.  I am not one to put on my corset and head out to the medieval get togethers normally.  But the tickets were so inexpensive that I thought, why not?  I talked my sister Nat into going with me and then my Dad and sister Micah met us over there later that night. (What great sports!)

I must say, I was SO glad we went! The boys loved it and I had a great time as well. 
The boys fought swords. 

 And won! 

I have a confession.  A lot of the fun was seeing the people dressed up.  There were many people there from a very different walk of life.  They live and breathe the Renaissance fair.  They follow them around all over the country. And I feel bad, but I couldn't help but capture a picture every once in a while to text to my husband. 

The above picture was one of my favorite laughs of the evening.  We had some pioneers show up at the Renaissance fair!

Not very medieval :).  But Caleb sure loved his scorpion. 


 Caleb still talks about the best corn he has ever had......


 The boys each decided to spend their money on a sword and shield.  They were actually really neat ones hand made out of wood and they have had endless fun with them.  
(Although, the wooden swords have also lead to some intense battles, and may have been taken away on numerous occasions. :)




 The final picture of the evening was during the concert at the end.  
This very interesting fellow lead to some of the best entertainment ever. 
I wish I had a better picture.  He was VERY into his dance ritual he was doing. 

I am so glad that I am able to do things like this with the boys.  We had a such a great time.  (Thank you groupon, for I would have never known about this without you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment