Sunday, March 21, 2010

Night Out On The Town

A little while ago, my friend called to ask if I wanted to go out for a little girl time with she and another friend.  If you know me at all, you don't even need me to tell you what my answer was, but just to verify what you were thinking..... there was a big fat yes to be had!  The two of them invited me to go see Evita with them.  I was really excited because I love love love mucicals, and I hadn't done something like that in a long time. When we were at dinner, they told me that this was my birthday treat from them! I couldn't believe they thought to do something so sweet for me!  And this is the wonderful moment when they told me. (captured with my mouth shoved full of food :)


We had a great time!  I was so glad I got to experience it with them!  The show was fabulous, and the company couldn't have been better. 
We made sure to get a picture for two reasons.  First, we don't get to go 'out on the town' all that often.  Second, we don't get out on the town dressed in matching black dress slacks very often either :) (And I wish I could have taken a picture of my shoes, they are fabulous, and I don't get to wear them more than once or twice a month.)

Quick funny moment: During intermission, I needed to go to the restroom. We were standing near an entrance door.  My friend Brooke said, "Oh, I saw a porta potty right outside." I decided that I would try my luck in the lobby in hopes there was a restroom there.  Luckily there was.  After the show, we walked out and saw the porta potty.

(Terrible picture of me, and I am selfless enough to let you see it, so you get the full picture.)

Upon closer inspection we saw this


Yes.  And it was for the lead role!  We had a few laughs, and luckily Brooke thought to capture this awesome memory as well.

It was fabulous.  We have decided to start our own little theatre groupies club, and I can't wait until next time ladies!


6 comments:

  1. So fun!! I love me a good girl's night. I can't tell you how much I look forward to it. Love the dressing room.....And you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you've made it when you get your own porta-potty dressing room! hehe! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to have a girls night with fabulous shoes! Nothing beats it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a blast!!! Thank you for all the laughs, coughing over cigar smell, standing out in the cold being groupies and of course the porta potty was too much fun. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Everyone needs a girls night out every once in awhile with fun shoes :)

    ReplyDelete