Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Saturday With The Animals

Last weekend Ernie had to work at a conference thing for a few hours in Phoenix, so we decided we would tag along.  It was so much fun! We love Phoenix area (believe it or not, for more than just the existence of many many large and beautiful Targets- and yes, for those of you wondering I might even drive 3 hrs-not just the one I usually do- just for that :)
The kids thought it was heaven just to be at a hotel.  Why are hotels so amazing to children? We should have just let that be the climax of the trip.  But for my own amusement, I thought I would take them somewhere fun while Ernie was at his conference Saturday.  So we went and spent some quality time with this little gal.
 Well, with more than just her, but this was definitely the highlight.  We went to the Pheonix Zoo.  Since they boys were little, I had gotten a pass for Zoo Boise.  We would spend probably about a day a week in the summer there.  We have definitely missed our zoo time.  And this Zoo (don't hate me Boise Zoo, you will always be dear to my heart) totally blew that one out of the water! We had such a great time. 

 They have an hour each day that they let you feed the giraffes. (Totally worth the $3 if any of you ever get there.)  Of course Ernie was very adimant that we were first in line.  We may have wasted about a half hour that NO ONE else was in line, but we were first by golly. 

They grabbed it so quickly from your hands with their increadibly strong tounges, that I the only was able to catch this one of Ernie
The boys both agreed that this was the definite favorite part of the day!

Here are a few other pictures of our outing. The only one I will comment on is the one of the rhinos.  The boys were completely fascinated by the way they ate! They watched them eat for quite a while, and I thought it was so adorable!


I Hope we can go back again soon!

4 comments:

  1. My kids (esp. Kel) loves the zoo. Any and every city we visit, we go to the zoo.. Sadly, the one in Vegas is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute and styli' your boys are!! What a cute little fam you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! These are great. I heart the phx zoo!
    So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may have fed the giraffes, but did they kiss them? Yeah I still have them beat :)

    ReplyDelete