Monday, September 20, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too

So, my son turned 8. I know, I know.  I am nearly a month behind.  His birthday was August 30th. He such a funny kid.  We love how determined and motivated he is.  Teachers always adore him, and kids always want to be around him.  He loves to read.  (Especially the Harry Potter series right now.)  He loves all sports. This year he has played tennis, baseball, and basketball.  His favorite thing to do when he has free time is to write stories.  He has notebooks full of elaborate stories, sometimes with artwork to go with it.  He is thoughtful, and has an emotional depth that I can't even believe possible for a young boy. I love the conversations that come when he asks questions and wants to understand more. I know without a doubt that he is going to be amazingly successful and I pray every day for the ability to be the right kind of mother for someone that is surely destined to do many great things. We love this kid!

We had a birthday party for him at the bowling alley with about 10 kids, and everyone had a blast!

The big 8 year old.


Some of the kids.

Pictures were difficult because they were having so much fun bowling.  But, every once in a while I got a semi- decent one.



I thought I got pictures of the cake, etc.  Apparently I didn't.

His actual birthday was the first day of school, and this was the Saturday before that.  Great birthday present, right? Actually for him, it was! He LOVES school and was thrilled that he could spend his special day at school! And he got to bring donuts in, so he made friends right away :)

And for dinner, we planned to do something elaborate and exciting.  He wanted to order pizza and get ice cream from McDonald's.  Hey, and who am I to argue that?

1 comment: