Friday, September 24, 2010

What Should Have Been

Ernie was supposed to get baptized over the Labor Day Weekend.  Ernie's parents, his sister Amanda and her family, my sister Co and her husband from Boston, and my sister Nat and her husband Mark all came into town to show their love and support.  Oh, and our awesome friends, the Vetters from Lake Havasu.  The Thursday before, Ernie got sick. I mean all night, couldn't even keep down liquids sick.  He seemed WAY better on Friday morning, and so we didn't call if off.  He was doing well all day actually.  And then Friday night it all began again.

We weren't quite sure what to do, since it was in the middle of the night.  Saturday morning, we were hoping that he could just push through it and since everyone was here we could just make it work.  Saturday morning, he looked horrible, and there was no way we could make it work. 
Everyone was there, and we had a ton of food.  SO we figured, why not still have everyone over to celebrate what would have been?

Here is a bunch of the group eating lunch.
Some more of the group enjoying the BBQ.
Layne bonding with MayLee.
My brother in law Justin loves card games and this was a perfect gathering to have people play with him.
The sick little guy.  He was quarantined to our room most of the time, but I finally felt guilty and let him come hang out for a while.  I'm so glad I did, he looks like he is having such a great time, doesn't he?
Since Ernie couldn't pose with his cake, his Aunt Amanda graciously offered to take his place.
Well, congrats on your now future event.
Logan racing a Lego ship down the stairs.  He won.

That night we were supposed to get a sitter and hang out with the adults, but circumstances didn't allow it.  I am actually glad.  I had a lot of fun hanging out with my nephews.
Here is Caleb with his cousin Jackson. Caleb is still into the whole posing thing in order for me to be allowed to get a picture of him.  Jackson was very willing to adhere to his stipulations.


Andrew wanted a posing picture as well. 

Well, it wasn't quite the weekend we had planned on. But we had a good time nonetheless and I am SO glad everyone came.   Thanks you everyone! We appreciate all of you.
And the Vetter's are a blast, and we had so much fun that they are officially invited to all of our family gatherings!

No comments:

Post a Comment