Saturday, September 25, 2010

Remember the Sicko?

So, remember the little guy in the picture from my last post that wasn't looking like he was feeling so great? Well, by  Monday things really headed south and we ended up here:


Well, let me back up a little and give you a better idea of what lead to that.

Wow, what a weekend.  It definitely did not go as planned.  As you can imagine, I was VERY stressed the whole weekend, but tried to appear as calm as possible.  I hope I was at least kind of successful at appearing to be somewhat put together.

First of all, I figured out a valuable lesson. I hate quick care places! At least here in Vegas. The stupid doc, or MA, or whatever she was told me that she was worried that Ernie had appendicitis. That or the flu.
He hadn't actually thrown up anything in a few days at that point.  So we decided to hope it was the latter and he was still just fatigued from it.  If his symptoms did not improve, then I needed to take him right in to the E.R.
SO, we gave it another day.
We even tried to do something fun with Ernie's parents. We went to the Sigfried and Roy Magic Forest.  (Which is actually really fun, and I can't wait to go back and actually enjoy it!)


Here are the adorable dolphins.  SO fun to watch! I really would love to swim with some someday. 

Another stop to attempt getting Ernie hydrated. And it was pretty hot, so we didn't mind the refreshment.

More dolphin watching

And some more.


There was much more to see, but I was so worried about Ernie when he wouldn't even walk, and was lifeless and in a ton of pain. 
SO......



We ended up in the ER. The poor kid got an IV. (Well, he got an IV after THREE tries! Poor kiddo.  He was such a trooper though!)
Luckily, the second the doctor saw him, he informed me he did not have appendicitis.  Not even close. Phew!! And that was before any tests.  Sure enough, he was severely dehydrated, and luckily that is very curable.

After he was feeling better, he requested french toast from Mimi's Cafe.  We were happy to oblige and thrilled that he felt like eating something!



Here is his first bite of food in a few days.  What a relief!
There is NOTHING worse as a mom than feeling completely helpless when your child is ill.

It was quite the weekend.  But like one one of my friends said, there is nothing like a good story at the end of all of this, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment