Sunday, January 30, 2011

The King of the Day

Caleb turned 6.  I know. I wished the day to stay far away, yet it came anyway.  I love that my boys look so forward to their birthdays.  One of their favorite things is to tease me a little.  It is cute that they have picked up on my being sad that time goes so fast, and they always inform me that it won't be long and they will be on a mission,  in college and we will soon be celebrating our grandkids (insert current birthday year here) birthday.  Yes, as you can guess, little E has started that tradition. And yes, he is a little too much like his father. :)
 We started out the day with the traditional birthday chair.  I went to our favorite little Donut place, Dee's for breakfast donuts and got some for his birthday treat for school as well.


Caleb is REALLY into Knights right now, which I think is adorable.  His Grandma Angie and Grandpa Ernie got him the Knight castle and some little action figures for his birthday.  It was perfect.  He was so excited!!
 The boys had a half day for school, and so we went to his favorite restaurant Olive Garden for lunch.
 Big E came too.  We are so lucky that we are able to have been able to meet up in the middle of the day like this.  We won't be this lucky every year!

 We couldn't think of a better birthday present for our little knight fan than to go to this castle.
 And see this show.  Full of knights in shining armor, swords, horses, jousting, among many other things.  He was in heaven!



He was in absolute heaven. 

Despite how perfect and fabulous the show was, I could NOT get him to pose with the King we were routing for after the show.  I even tried to bribe him, which of course did not work (after which Little E reminded me we are not the Hecks and he couldn't believe I thought an Elliott boy could be bribed!).
He would, however, stand by this guy while we were waiting for our car :)
We had such a great time even though he would not pose for a picture with the real knight.
  It was a perfect day.  He loved every minute of it.


 As you may remember I dreaded him turning 5 as well.  It must be that he is my youngest.  To be honest, it is also because he has always been such an easy boy to raise.  Every stage is perfect with him, and I suppose I just don't want that to change.  I love him dearly, and am so grateful for such a sweet and wonderful little boy. ( And yes, despite my whining, he still qualifies as a little boy.)

3 comments:

  1. I was just talking to your grandma about how crazy it is that caleb is now 6! i remember when he was born!!!! Tell both of the boys to stop growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really into knights in our house too! That was an incredible bday gift. Happy Happy Bday, Caleb!I know what you mean about not wanting to go to the next stage. I have had many of these moments with our boys lately. It just goes too quickly! Good job on getting the pics you did! I have similar issues with my boys, trying to get them to let me take pics. So, I take what I can get;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he had a great birthday! When I called he was getting a little impatient at all my questions. I would ask something... pause... *sigh*... and he would answer in a 'duh aunt Karli' voice :) It was so funny! I sure miss those boys... and you and Ernie too!!!

    ReplyDelete