Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And Then He Was Five

It only seems like yesterday that I was being woke up from a nice nap because I was dialated to a ten and it was time for Caleb to come into the world. This was the beginning of a a truly fabulous and easy going kid! He slept from the time he was two days old all the way through the night. We never had to baby proof anything. He just didn't get into the things he wasn't supposed to! He was happy and enjoyable all the time. He was chubby and adorable  and just plain perfect.



Of course, (yes, here it comes...you all knew it was coming) I am a little sad to see his young small boy years gone. He never even hit the terrible two's, so I was hoping that meant I was going to be allowed to keep him 'little' a little longer. We are so very very grateful for him to be in our family. I couldn't imagine our lives without him.



                                                                             (4 yr old b-day dinner)

(4 yr old b-day party)



A few things about this year.  This year, shortly after his last birthday, his love of Star Wars swtiched to a love of Indiana Jones.  Harrison Ford is now his favorite actor. (He named a stuffed animal after him)
He loves to build things still, but his love has moved to legos. He still loves puzzles.  He loves books, and cars, and well, just about everything except dolls or pink.  (He can't even stand to go down that aisle of toys)
Other kids love him. The kids all run and give him hugs when I pick him up frim preschool.  (And a particularily adorable girl named Shelby always saves him a seat next to her for circle tim. Way to go caleb :)
He adores his big brother.  And his favorite foods just make me laugh! Steak, peas, olives, and carrots (the big ones, preferrably with the green leaves still in the end, unpeeled and uncooked).  He loves to snuggle still, and for that I am extremely grateful!  What an amazingly sweet little boy.  A few days ago he gave me a huge hug and said, "mom, you're my favorite and best mom in the whole world."  (And that is in writing now, and I will keep it for future use.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second picture! It is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Happy Birthday to Caleb. Love the pix, I can't believe he's so old!!!

    ReplyDelete