Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Skiing Adventure



When we were trying to get Caleb to tell us what he wanted for his birthday, he said didn't want anything.......but he would like to go skiing.  What a kid!  We had so much fun watching him buzz down the hill.  






The first time the kids went skiing was for Christmas when we stayed at a cabin last year as a present from my parents. Caleb was just 3 when he started, and it was the cutest thing ever! He wasn't scared at all, he would just hop on the lift and head down the hill.  Ernie got a little too confident (he wears a helmet now :).




My sister Claire had the day off, and so she came with us.  It was nice to have her to be able to go with Ernie. (Last year he would ride up the lift and go down all by himself because he thought Caleb and his dad were too slow.  Yes, I am proud that he was brave and good enough to do that.  Yes, I was much more comfortable watching him rise into thin air on the lift knowing that Claire was there.)









While I was standing at the bottom of the hill, I heard constant remarks about Caleb similar to this, "look at him go, he's so little! Ah, that is so cute!"  And yes, yes it was priceless.  I'm sure being next to his dad made him look that much smaller coming down the hill.  SOOO stinkin cute.  Luckily I video taped it, so we can always look back and go , "ahhhhhhhh".



Ernie was like a lighting bolt down the hill.  He's crazy.  As he was headed down a run, he zoomed past a few people.  As Claire passed them, she heard them coment and say, "Man, look at that kid, he is insane.  Man, he is so fast!"  I think I mentioned earlier that he wears a helmet now.  So, no brain concussions yet.












We had a really great time. I'm so glad that Caleb asked ot go or I'm not sure if we would have made the long treck to Brian Head. What great memories! And what great kids!

1 comment: