Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Try For Perfection

Wow, I know this is a little after the fact, but it really just kicked in that it is 2010! The beginning of the year is such a good opportunity to take a look at where you are in your life and where you want to be.

Of course it is always a reality check as well.
For instance, I realized a few things, like I need to spend my time a little wiser and find more ways to serve.  In fact, I thought of A LOT of things that I wanted to improve on (I think it would only scare you all to know all of the imporvements I need to make). 

It was also interesting to think about the things that happened through out the previous year.  The things that made us better people.  The trials, but also the triumphs. It is amazing how much can happen in only one year!
So I head into the new year with a long checklist for myself of all the ways I need to improve. A reminder of how far I have until I reach that perfection mark.

But I also took a moment to reflect on the things that I think I do pretty darn well at.  And it's always fun to remind yourself how great you are. Even before the long list of things to change.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea, I think we're always so hard on ourselves this time of year trying to change who we are and what we do, it's good to reflect on the good parts about ourselves, and realize that we're not half bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflecting on the good things we do is a great reinforcer to not stray.

    ReplyDelete