Monday, August 24, 2009

The Report

I mentioned that my boys had their first day of school, but I didn't mention how it went. They both really like school and had a good experience. Ernie's highlights were that he has a boy that sits across from him who's name is Humberto, and you all should here him tell you his name. It's very comical. Humberto and all of the other kids around him find ernie rather humorous and laugh when ernie says funny things, but he can't figure out why they laugh that much because he doesn't find the things he says THAT funny. (I'm just thrilled he has become the class clown.......) His crisis came when there was a kid in his class, but he wasn't sure at first if it was a boy or girl because they have long hair. We're glad he was able to figure it out. It's a boy. And the final report on his friend stories is that there was a boy that sat next to him at lunch who apparently thinks that there are really vampires. Ernie said, "I just kept saying, uh, huh, and that's really cool, because I didn't want him to feel bad, but I don't think I'll sit by him at lunch anymore, because that's kind of, well, weird." (I'm glad he hasn't gotten into Twilight yet) He was also a little bummed that there was no homework until this week. Thank goodness that he has homework this week ;).
This was Caleb's report about school.
"Caleb, how was preschool, did you like it?"
Caleb; "Yep."
Me, "What did you do?"
Caleb, "Just played and stuff."
Me, "Did you make friends?"
Caleb, "Yep."
And that was about the jest of it. He was a little more cooperative when his father interrogated him. But that's our Caleb. Happy go lucky, life's wonderful all the time. He was a little frustrated when he got ready for school the next morning only to have me inform him that he only had school Tuesday and Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I will never forget that on the second day of kindergarten Jesse told us he was not going because, "I went yesterday, I am all done with school."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to find the book series "My wierd school" by Dan Gutman...they are hysterical and Ernie will love them. (Nick does and Jim and I enjoy reading them to him) The little boy is in 2nd grade and uses lines like "...and everyone laughed even though I didn't say anything funny.."

    ReplyDelete