Friday, July 9, 2010

An Anniversary Treat

Ernie and I recently celebrated our anniversary.  Well, recently being June 30th.  I know, I am really on top of this blogging thing lately.  We had a lot of fun together.  I feel very blessed to be married to such a fabulous man.  We really are best friends, and I can't tell you how fabulous it is to have someone to share everything in your life with : good and bad.  Anyway, I will stay away from too much of the mushy stuff :) We went out to dinner at a GREAT resteraunt called Nuve.  It is on the 36th floor of The Palms.  It was seriously some of the best food I have ever had. It might have tasted that great to me because Ernie made the reservations and everything! (That doesn't happen that often anymore after 9 years! We go out, don't get me wrong, but we usually aren't that, well, organized.)
My sister Layne watched the kids for us. She is so much fun. They had a birthday party for Caleb's stuffed animal "Giraffey".


They had a blast. (A lot more fun than if we had been home with them :)

Layne let the boys make the cake.  Ernie was in a "mood" and so it was mostly Caleb that did the decorating.

He obviously was very careful to not get too messy (and I might have lost a little bit of my appetite for the cake after I saw the pictures :)


After the cake was made, the party began. 
They watched a movie, had treats.


And then they had cake and sang to Giraffey.  I am still unsure of what age he turned because I get a different number each time I ask Caleb.
And they even saved us a piece to eat for our anniversary, and made us a note that said,
"Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad". 
Thanks Layne!  And thanks Ernie.  Here's to another 75 years........

1 comment:

  1. Yay for anniversaries! We just had ours too. Here's to the next 75 :)

    ReplyDelete