Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Caleb's first trip

Caleb had a monumental moment this summer.  He went on his first trip without his parents! He flew with my sister (not quite ready for him to fly alone yet :) Layne to visit my sister and brother in law in Rexburg.  Mark and Natalie were so awesome!  Caleb still talks about what a blast it was.  They loved it too, at least I hope they weren't lying when they said they loved it :)!
Here is Caleb in one of the many pictures I took of him while he was about to get on the plane.  He finally leaned close to me and said, "oh brother mom. I'm not even going to be gone that long!"

He went fishing and caught his first fish! And may I add, was the only person that caught one.  He was very proud.
They also took him to Yellowstone. 
I can't believe he is that big, but I am so grateful he is able to have experiences like this.

2 comments:

  1. Nick flew from Colorado to Boise in 2008 all by himself (he was 5 1/2) he was so funny when we were walking out of the airport in Boise he said "Now I have a ticket, I can come to the airport anytime I want and get on a plane!" thank goodness he needs a ride to the airport or I could see him trying it. He flew in 09 and this summer by himself, he loves it! I think we have created a monster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it, send him up again. You need to send the Ernie up sometime too

    ReplyDelete