Friday, July 30, 2010

What we have been up to

This has been one CRAZY summer! It seems like we haven't had a second to breathe.  And today we are flying to Boise for Ernie's sister's wedding.  (I still can't believe she is getting married tomorrow!!) We are flying in tonight, the wedding is tomorrow, and then we are leaving again Sunday morning. I know, whirlwind. 

SO, what have we been up to that is so crazy? Well, moving to begin with.  And then it was Ernie's family for Memorial Day while we still had no house to move into. Finally, a house to move into in the middle of June. With it came a few more "projects" than we had anticipated. (Thank goodness for finding Ryan our handyman.) Boise for the fourth of July. I flew up to visit my Grandma and go to Karli's bridal shower.   Ernie had two trips for work.  I went to Boston with my dad to visit my sister.  And then Ernie's dad came to visit last weekend. 

We have a YMCA by us that we go to nearly every day.  They have great classes. (Which has really gotten me back into the swing of things since- here comes the confession- I had gained 5 lbs during all the crazy move stuff. but I have lost it again, thank goodness.) The boys LOVE to go swimming there, and I don't mind the cooling off myself.  And no matter how much I layer on the SPF 50, I have been getting a nice tan line. (Thank you mom for olive toned skin)
The boys have had swimming lessons.  (And they have both improved tremendously.  Especially Caleb- he went from being a little frightened still of the water, to far surpassing the other kids in his class and becoming a little fish.)

They beg to go on family bike rides nearly every evening. This has proved to be a dilemma seeing as I do not have a bike, and big E's has by far seen better days.  Big E and I take turns with his squeaking bike and laugh at each other as the kids go by much faster. I think it is about time we invest in some bikes for ourselves. What do you think?

I am going to stay in Utah next week and hang out with Ernie's family from New Hampshire who is here for the wedding.  It will be really fun and the kids will love going to Lagoon.  I don't think they even remember it!

And then it is August.  Wow, I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by.  At the same time, it has been such a whirlwind that I am excited to have some stability back.  As soon as we get back, Ernie has his first basketball game, and big E is coaching, so it will be fun.  Oh, and Caleb is starting soccer.

The other night big E came home, and said "does it ever slow down?  It seems like there is SO much going on all the time!" Yep, and we only have two kids. How did my mom and Ernie's mom do it?

2 comments:

  1. Come visit us in Idaho! :) We are excited to come down for Labor day for Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely get bikes! Get good ones and we can go riding together. There are great rides- for exercise- where we are!

    ReplyDelete