Monday, November 8, 2010

The Finer People In Life


The past little while, I have been contemplating the people in my life who have made me who I am.  I have mentioned often that I am grateful and feel very blessed for the family that I have; both my own and the one that I married into and now claim as my own. 

The past six months, I have been especially aware of my Dad.  My admiration for him is deep, and I wanted to share just a couple of things that I have thought about often.
I always knew that I had a very special person as my father. Anyone that meets me and knows who my father is has nothing but absolute praise and admiration for him as a person. I have never left one of those conversations without it generally going as follows; "you must feel so blessed and proud to have such a man as your father".
I remember one day a year or so ago, when he was serving as the Chairman of the Board of Regents, I was able to attend a meeting where they were presenting him with a gift of appreciation.  I remember so distinctly the words that one of the other Regent's said.  He said, "I have never and will never meet someone for whom I have more respect, nor a finer individual than Michael Wixom."
And he is MY Dad. 

He is absolutely the finest father any of us girls, and now 3 sons could ask for. 
Life is so precious, and the time we have with the people we love and admire so dear.  I am blessed beyond words could ever express to have the parents and siblings I do.  I will never (I pray) ever take for granted any of the incredible opportunities that we have to be together. 

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree that your father is one amazing man!!!

    ReplyDelete