Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sweet Moments

I enjoy motherhood.  Some moments more than others :)  
Yesterday night I finally sat down on the couch after a very long day.   My sweet and adorable 5 year old must have sensed that it was a long day.  He brought over a blanket and then stood behind me and gave me a shoulder rub.  *sigh*  And that my friends why I have had a hard time with him growing up.  What a relief that he is still that sweet amazing little boy, just a little older so more apt and in tune to things.

I know it may not seem related, but that night I remembered a funny little story about Ernie. (Well, I will be completely honest.  He may or may not have been one of the reasons for the LONG day, so the memory came as an effort to remember the wonderful things about him.)

When he was a little younger, he was very hospitable.  He has always been a VERY early riser.  When we would have guests stay, he would go downstairs at a very undesirable hour and poor them a bowl of cereal.  Milk and all.  He would then deliver them breakfast in bed.  Sometimes he would make them toast. Those lucky guests would sometimes even get their breakfast fed to them weather they were ready or wanting.  That's right, spoon directly in mouth.  Ah, the memories.  
 
I am grateful that my boys are not boring.  I am grateful they keep me on my toes. I am also grateful for the hugs, I love You's and shoulder rubs at just the right moments.



3 comments:

  1. How eloquently put: (Well, I will be completely honest. He may or may not have been one of the reasons for the LONG day, so the memory came as an effort to remember the wonderful things about him.) I will absolutely have to remember this when I have another LOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG day with my wonderful 8 year old!!

    ReplyDelete