Sunday, July 10, 2011

Better Late Than Never

I realized as my son was looking through my pictures earlier tonight that I missed posting a few events.  Well, I am sure I have missed a myriad of things.  However, tonight I will just talk about one.


No, I am sorry to say that we do not celebrate Mothers Day every Sunday into July in our home.
 I'll just be honest and confess. I never got around to posting about my own Mothers Day, and then I just forgot.


My children have taken it upon themselves to be the sole "breakfast in bed" providers.
 Luckily they happened to mention to Big E that they were going to make me a smoothie and he was able to persuade them into letting him just buy one for me.
(Could you imagine what kind of mess that would have been? It would have provided a wonderful story for years to come, however the morning itself would have been a little, well, let's just say more eventful than one would prefer it to be.)





I feel so blessed to be a mother.  And I am so grateful for the mothers in my life. I am also beyond grateful for a very sweet spouse that never fails to impress me with his goodness.  And I am so grateful for the example he is to my boys of how to treat a wife. They will have some lucky women in their life someday.
(Although, I do not believe they will have the privilege of having cold toast that is a little on the crispy side.  But I am more than happy to take bites as they watch intently and ask, "is it really good mom?")

I can not help but mention what Ernie got me this year.
I have longingly looked at these knives for years now.  I was so surprised when I unwrapped them.  Even when I saw the wrapped box I didn't suspect such a sublime gift.  I was ecstatic! 
(And Ernie gets to hear about what a perfect gift it was every time I slice a tomato or cut into a watermelon. At least he knows how much I really do appreciate them!)

As I have been remembering how great Mothers Day is
(hand made cards telling you of your beauty and kindness, dinner provided by someone other than myself, cold burnt toast, children happily taking out the trash and lots of "you really are the best mom I have ever had" comments, to name a few), I decided that we should officially have a Mothers Day in July as well as May.
Since that won't happen, I will tell you how fabulous I believe motherhood is. And I will leave you with this thought from James E. Faust,

“There is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation”.


Happy Mothers Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment