Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another School Year Begins

I have SO many things to catch up on from the last month of the summer.  Reunion and wedding and shower, oh my! And I will get to that, I promise!
Today is a special day in our house.  The first day of the school year.  That means back to routines (and blogging) and early bedtimes.  Every year that school starts, I can't help but have a sense of how quickly my little men are growing up.  This reality is always a little hard for me to swallow (last year, you may remember in this post, was especially hard).

However, I also have a sense of excitement.  One of my favorite moments for each of the boys this year: Caleb- when he was setting out his clothes to wear the first day said, "mom, I sure wish it was tomorrow already!
Ernie- Big E has a tradition of giving the boys Fathers blessings before the school year.  I pray I will always remember how I felt when I looked over during Little E's and he was crying.  He told me later that he felt like Heavenly Father was speaking to him.  Oh, how precious little boys can be!

 Here is the my favorite (but obligatory for them) picture I get every year.  The before school shot.  The one time a year they have clean and fresh shoes, backpacks, lunchboxes, and clothes. 
 Well, one out of two looking and smiling isn't bad!
 We were so nervous because I had been in contact with a lot of his friends from last year and didn't know one kid in his class this year! But we were so excited when he ended up in class with a great kids that he knows from church and sports teams.  He even got to sit next to Jordan. 
 Here is Ernie.  Ernie was thrilled with his teacher.  He has Mrs. Alger.  He has LOVED her so far.  You have absolutely NO idea what a relief that is! He had a rough year last year, and he absolutely needed a good experience this year.  It was such a HUGE answer to my prayers. 
 Here they are after school.  They survived! They both had a great day. 
 Ernie requested that I take a picture with the school in the background.  You can't see it very well, but there are a TON of basketball courts on their playground.  He was thoroughly impressed. 

We were so lucky this year! Big E's parents were here for the weekend (which we LOVED, but I will get to more of that in another post) and were able to be part of our annual first day of school ice cream treat.  We went to Yogurtland.  

I love being a mom.  I will continue to say it constantly, but every year I am reminded that me my years with these amazing little people are so brief.  It makes me want to hold onto every memory.  
I couldn't imagine my life without them.  I am so excited for them as they grow up and slowly become the men that they are meant to be.  But that dosen't mean that I don't get to look at pictures of them when they were wearing much smaller shoes and get a few tears in my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment