Thursday, August 25, 2011

One Last Hurrah

Ernie and I decided that we needed to take advantage of no basketball, tennis, or soccer and before school starts, take one last trip to hang out at the beach.


The morning we got there, we surprised Ernie with his early birthday present......

 A surfing lesson! He was beyond excited.  He LOVES surfing. 
Here he is riding in on a wave.  He was so fun to watch.  I am so proud of him.  It's so amazing to see your child accomplish what they set out to, even huge waves. 

 After his lesson, we went and got some boogie boards.  I couldn't help but take a picture of my boys running through town like local Laguna Beach kids.  We walked down to his surf lessons barefoot, and the instructor told them that none of them wear shoes when they are walking around town.  And that was it for them.  They were converted to the care free, shoeless way of beach town living. 

 Big E and I couldn't resist.  We used the boogie boards a ton.  And I must tell you, they are a blast! One of my favorite parts was the two of us riding the waves.  The kids loved them too.  


 We have some friends that we have a habit of running into (in the shoe department at Macy's for example).  It is a whole new thing when you run into them in Laguna Beach, California! It was so fun to see them and they spent the afternoon with us.  And Neil happened to bring a boogie board too! He and the two E's had a blast riding the waves in.  And Kensie was so excited to see the boys.  It was so cute!




I have always loved to travel. Time goes so quickly that Big E and I decided a while ago that we have to take advantage of every moment we can to do things with them.
This weekend was perfect.  We weren't there long.  And the only thing we did was hang out at the beach.  It was the PERFECT weekend.  I will always treasure these special moments and hope we have many more like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment