Monday, August 8, 2011

The Entrepreneur


Ernie has never been the kind of kid to sit back and hope good things happen.  He is definitely a "do-er".  This summer, he decided that he needs to start earning money. 
His first plan was to have a lemonade stand.  He has asked me for months to let him have one. (For which I continually came up with good excuses because we live in a gated neighborhood and it's kind of hard to draw a crowd.)  A few weeks ago, the boys were going to my mom's house for the day.  He knew that this was his chance.  He called and asked my mom if he could have one at her house. (All of this I was unaware of until the night before.)  The morning of, with the recruitment of his brother, he was up way before the sun and put everything together; lemonade mix, cups, and pitcher.  When they got to my mom's house, my mom had just finished working out and still had to hop in the shower.  By the time she came out, the lemonade was made, the glasses set up, and the signs were ready to go.  (Still wondering how the lemonade must have tasted.  He said that he did follow the directions.....)
After a little while of only selling a few glasses, he decided it was time to take action.  He went and found my mom's cooler, loaded everything in it, and decided to go door to door.  What a kid.  It worked.  He raked it in. (Oh, and he also decided to add the homemade Popsicles my sister had made to his lemonade stand. Thanks Micah, I'm sure you were thrilled those were gone :).   

No comments:

Post a Comment