Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Fun Welcome To The Desert Climate

As I was walking down the hallway a few days ago, a saw this orange tail slithering into our hall closet. My heart jumped a little, and then I decided I should peak inside the closet to see what it was before I freaked out. Luckily we don't have anything on the floor of our closet and it is tile so I could see very clearly. It was.....a snake. Yes, an orange snake at least a foot long! We had trouble figuring out how to get it out of the closet, seeing as neither of us at dealt with an issue of this nature before. We finally were able to get it into a bucket and transported it into the backyard.




I wish that I could have gotten a picture of the actual snake while it was in our house. I even grabbed my camera, but the moment was a little stressful, so the button the camera never got pushed. (The picture of the snake is one I found on the internet, but it looked just like that, just a teensy, I mean teensy bit smaller. The thing was enormous to me. :) The boys thought it was awesome, as you can imagine. I however am constantly looking at the floor as I walk. I have no idea how the snake got in! It wasn't by a door at all. Luckily the information that I found in the snake says that it's not harmful.


But, um, hello, it's a snake, and I don't want to have to find out for myself that the information is inaccurate. Plus, no where in any of the info I read does it say that you might find these snakes in your house! So pray for us so that orange ground snakes don't overtake our home and inject us with venom as we sleep. (And no, I do not think that I am being dramatic. I don't even know the meaning of the word.)

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow Bailey!! And I thought my wolf spiders were bad. I would have totally flipped! Good luck with the snakes and I will send you my no snakes in the house vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, totally creepy. I would've been screaming and getting the heck out of there for good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, not cool! I hope that never happens again! Maybe call a pest control company and ask how common that is. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bailey!!!!
    We miss you guys! I really miss going to my parents ward and not seeing you guys! holy cow by the way that snake is sick... i would have run out of the house screaming... i hate snakes! well we joined the blogging world and thought we'd let you know! it pretty bla right now cause i'm still figuring out how to use it but keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Bailey,
    Did you know our boys had snakes for pets when they were little? Once Kel was about 4 years old, be brought it to church in his pocket. In the middle of sacrament, I looked over and he was playing with it! Can you imagine the ruckus if it had gotten out of his hands and slithered away. Ohh.. we have so many fun snakes stories to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have been on the first train out of dodge...I can barely deal with spiders and earwigs, so snakes are OUT of the question.

    ReplyDelete