Monday, August 16, 2010

Boston

For my birthday, my parents gave me tickets to go with my dad to visit my sister and her husband in Boston. (I love celebrating my birthday for months at a time!)
 We had such a fabulous time! It was a very brief weekend, and it definitely flew by, but we enjoyed every minute of it! I didn't get a ton of pictures.  I did get a few though.

My absolute favorite place (I still need to get the pictures from) was actually a cemetery.  I know, it sounds weird.  Just go with it.......
About two miles away from where my sis lives is a place called Mt Auburn Cemetery. My dad had read about it, and wanted to see what the hype was about.  The two of us rode bikes over and spent a few hrs roaming through it.

It is probably on my list now of one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  It is a few hundred acres, and has 3 ponds among a zillion other things in it.  It was absolutely breathtaking, and by far one of my favorite places we went.  If you are ever near Boston, GO THERE! It was amazing!



One of my favorite authors is Louisa May Alcott.  This is the home she grew up in! It is exactly where I picture Jo running around with Laurie and Meg.  Isn't it picturesque?

My dad and Co

My Dad and I walked the Freedom Trail while my sis and Justin were at work on Friday.  We had such a great time! This was near a monument to Benjamin Franklin, and a bunch of other important people.

We tried to get a self portrait........you think I would learn by now that they usually don't turn out!

While we were walking by an apartment complex, we noticed this little courtyard.  We just ignored the "private property" sign and decided to to a peek.  The picture definitely doesn't do it justice.  It was so quaint and pretty!

Thanks Collette and Justin! We had such a great time.  And I can't wait to be able to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment