Thursday, June 9, 2011

April 9th

April 9th was a big day for this guy (my Dad).
It was his birthday.  And what better way to start out the day that by doing this:

That's right.  Running a 10k. Nothing says "you're doing alright even though you are a year older" like coming in first for your age division in a VERY difficult race.  The last 4 miles were completely straight uphill.  He's amazing.

 These two love bugs ran their first marathon together that morning as well.  We went to cheer them on as they came in at the end of mile 26.  I was so proud of them.  It was amazing to watch them push each other to make it to the very end. 

I love my Dad and I am very grateful for everything he does for now not only me, but for my husband and two boys as well.   And I'm grateful that I got to celebrate his special day with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment