Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Harvard Dilemma

The other day we were driving in the car and my older son, who is the mature age of 8 years, mentioned he had a little bit of a dilemma. He seemed pretty overwhelmed with this.  Out of curiosity,  I asked him what that was.  He said that he has always wanted to go to Harvard for college.  However, he now is deciding if BYU would be a better choice. Why is this? Well, because BYU costs much less and so he feels like it may be the smarter financial choice.
(My first thought was, since when have you researched the different financial costs of Educational Institutions? In between reading The Lightening Thief books and playing the wii?)
 My younger son responded that he IS going to go to Harvard.  I asked him why he wants to go to Harvard.  His timeless response, "So I can work at McDonalds!".  


If they only knew the amusement that they consistently provide.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Just tell Caleb he doesn't even have to go to college to work at McDonald's!

    ReplyDelete