Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Perfect Surprise

Tomorrow I am going in to get my tonsils removed.  I know, sounds like a blast right? My ENT asked that I take a week off.  A full 7-10 days of rest to recover properly.  He must know me well enough to request that I get work off and pretty much stay in bed.  
What am I the most nervous about the night before my surgery?  
Boredom. 
 I am absolutely not complaining, because I really do have a very fortunate life.  However, just so you get an understanding of why in the world that was my biggest concern.......
 I am not the kind of person that like to sit around.  I like to be on the move.  I am wondering what in the world I am supposed to do with myself for that long.  My mom and dad are taking the kids for the weekend, and then they are in school.  You can only read so many books and watch so many movies before you loose it.  I can't eat anything.  And I had no lap top to even try to catch up on my blog or take care of the bills. 
And then my husband left a surprise for me tonight on my bed. 

It is what you think it is.  
I know, I know.  I say it all the time.  But how amazing is he?  I really have the most amazing and thoughtful husband ever.  I am very blessed.   
And thrilled that I now have a world of endless possibilities as I sit in bed unable to talk for the first little while and sipping vitamin water. 
Although, I also now have ZERO excuse for not being caught up with blogging, bills, and emails. 
Unless I pull the whole, "the pain pills made me sleep" excuse.  Hmmm, then again I might be so excited with my new toy that I may not have to reach for that one.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Ernie! Hope you get feeling better soon after the surgery Bailey :) I look forward to the blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Hope you get feeling better

    ReplyDelete