Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Glimpses of Hope

It is summer.  I have great kids, I really do.  And I am grateful every day for everything that they are becoming. But it is summer.  This means that there is often a little, well irritation with each other. General exhaustion coupled with it makes some moments very interesting in our home.  Most of you parents, I am assuming, know what I am talking about.
Yesterday I had one of those rare moments where you think, "hmmmm maybe I am a decent mom." (I am sure there have been more, but I have tried to remember a few of them. A few years ago now I wrote this post, and a few months ago I posted this).
And this may not be a big deal to a lot of you.  But to me, this was a moment of utopia. I walked into the kitchen last night and one son was taking out the trash.  The other one was unloading the dishwasher.  And for a moment, before I am sure they started to argue again about something ridiculous,  I was the happiest a mom could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment